Terms, Conditions & Warranty
PAYMENTS & SHIPPING
1) A prompt pay discount is available if paid within 10 days of Invoice date for all non-credit card transactions. After 10 days, full invoice amount is due according to terms on Invoice, payable in U.S. funds.
2) All parts sent from TIE must have a confirmed quote prior to shipment.
3) Delivery of the goods to the common carrier, licensed trucker, or national courier or shipping service, shall constitute delivery to Buyer, and all risk of loss or damage in transit shall be borne by Buyer. TIE shall not be liable for failure to deliver or delays in delivery occasioned by strikes, lockouts, fires, inclement weather, inability to obtain materials or shipping space, (space is not available via truck or air container), breakdowns, delays of carriers or suppliers, governmental acts and regulations, and other causes beyond Seller's control.
4) In the event of lost or damaged merchandise, responsibility lies with Shipper to file a claim. (If part is shipped FOB origin, responsibility lies with the Buyer.) All damaged merchandise and original packaging must be retained for Shipping Carrier investigation and insurance claim processing. When TIE is Shipper, Buyer must notify TIE immediately of damage(s) for further instructions. Buyer must not attempt repair or installation of damaged merchandise, as this will void TIE's ability to file a claim and place responsibility of replacement and repair cost with Buyer. When Buyer is Shipper, TIE will notify Buyer immediately of damage(s) and provide further instructions. ALL OUT OF COUNTRY CUSTOMERS MUST MARK SHIPMENTS "FREE DOMICILE". TIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DUTIES, TAXES, OR FEES INCURRED DURING SHIPMENT OF PARTS.
|5) Buyer must contact TIE for all warranty concerns. All warranty periods begin at date of Invoice and are as follows:|
|Equipment||Warranty Period||Additional Information|
|New or Refurb Parts||1 Year||* 90 day part replacement period with terms|
|Repaired Parts||1 Year||* 90 day part replacement period with terms|
* After 90 days, units must be returned to T.I.E. for warranty repair of replacement parts. (see #7)
** Limited warranty applies to replacement parts and labor performed by TIE. (also see #11)
6) Parts with failures within the first 25% of warranty period as described in #5, receive immediate replacement on terms, including return shipment to Buyer via the same method as original shipment if shipped by common carrier. Special shipments and international orders are excluded. Warranty replacement depends on stock quantities. TIE must receive the possible warranty part for evaluation within 14 days of Buyer receiving the replacement part. If the possible warranty is not returned, Buyer is responsible for all charges. If Buyer requests part be shipped a different method, Buyer must sign a quote accepting additional shipping charges. Once part is returned and evaluated, either:
a.) TIE confirms valid warranty fault. Full purchase price plus shipping cost is credited to
Buyer; not including any additional charges such as after hours fees
b.) TIE. confirms part is a NPF, (No Problem Found). Buyer is responsible for restock charges
(see #13). If Buyer requests return of NPF part, Buyer is responsible for a rush test fee and
c.) TIE confirms part is not covered under warranty (see #10). Buyer has option to:
-Repair (Buyer responsible for repair cost and return shipping), or
-Purchase or Exchange if applicable
7) Any part past 25% of the warranty period, as described in #5, must be sent to TIE if Buyer requests warranty evaluation. Buyer pays shipping for rush warranty evaluation. If the part is found to be defective and the failure was not caused by outside sources, TIE will repair or replace the part at no cost to Buyer. The repair will be performed on a RUSH basis, 2-4 day timeframe, with part shipping FedEx ground from TIE at TIE's expense no later than the 4th day. If Buyer wants part shipped a different way, Buyer must sign a quote accepting additional shipping charges.
If Buyer requests a replacement be sent in lieu of warranty repair, TIE will bill for the amount of a normal exchange.
8) COD and credit card Buyers will be charged in advance if a warranty exchange is sent past the 90 day part replacement period. Credit will be issued via refund check or credit card if unit is deemed defective by TIE Buyers with terms can be sent a warranty exchange on their specified terms but must remain within their credit limit. Credit will be issued to the account if unit is deemed defective by TIE. All parts sent from TIE must have a signed quote prior to shipment.
9) Warranty on new monitors in the field over 90 days from date of shipment will be replaced with a refurbished unit if the original unit cannot be repaired.
10) Warranty is void if unit is tampered with, damaged due to physical abuse, or damaged due to failure of other machine elements, including but not limited to, contamination from coolant or other liquids, metal chips, carbon dust, etc. TIE does not warrant wet motors or installation errors.
11) LIMITED WARRANTY: TIE warrants only repair work on parts replaced and/or repaired by TIE to be free from defects from date of invoice as described in #5. During the warranty period, TIE will, at its sole option and expense, repair or replace any parts found to be defective and/or correct any repair work found to be improperly performed or refund the purchase price, provided Buyer has contacted TIE, Buyer has received a Return Merchandise Authorization number and has returned the part to TIE's location. Buyer is responsible for properly packaging and returning any defective part(s) to TIE. If a part or repair performed by TIE is under warranty, found to be defective, and Buyer received a Return Authorization, TIE will refund the cost of shipping part(s) back to TIE to Buyer when Buyer provides TIE with documentation of shipping cost. At its sole discretion, TIE may use new or used parts to repair or to replace defective parts purchased from TIE, and all replaced parts shall become the property of TIE. This warranty shall become null and void and of no effect in the event that any part is operated outside of its normal operating environment or use for which it was designed or if damage to the part results from abuse, improper use, negligence, vandalism, acts of God, accidents or intervening causes, such as fire, flood, and/or electric voltage surge.
RESTOCKS AND EXCHANGES
13) Restock fees are taken from the initial cost, adjusted for any discounts. A 15% restocking fee will apply if the original part is returned. Buyer may receive reduced credit if unit is required for recertification from Fanuc, if TIE must repair, or if part is received after 14 days from invoice date. RESTOCK ITEMS RETURNED AFTER 30 DAYS FROM INVOICE DATE MAY RECEIVE NO CREDIT. MINIMUM RESTOCKING FEE IS $100.
15) Any tax imposed by federal, state or other governmental authority on the sale of the goods and services shall be paid by Buyer.
16) This agreement shall become a contract for the goods and services specified herein either (a) when signed by Buyer, or (b) when Buyer has otherwise indicated acceptance of the terms hereof.
17) This agreement as written shall be applicable to Buyer's purchases from TIE Provisions in customer's purchase orders contrary to these conditions are not binding upon TIE unless accepted by TIE in writing.
18) THE WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN IS IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TIE'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE SELLING PRICE OF ANY DEFECTIVE PARTS OR EQUIPMENT, AND SHALL IN NO EVENT INCLUDE BUYER'S LOST PROFITS, GOOD WILL, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.