INSTALL A 6055 DRIVE OR A20B 1001-0120 DRIVE PCB
NEW INSTALL FOR A 6055 DRIVE OR AN A20B-1001-0120 SPINDLE DRIVE PCB
- Set jumpers to match your old spindle PCB.
- Move the software chip from the old spindle PCB to the new spindle PCB.
Failure to move the software from the old drive to the new drive will generate the letter “A” on the display.
Please note: The chips are numbered and must be installed in the appropriate socket. Please also note the chips have a notch or key in them and so does the socket the chips go into. Please match the notch or key on the chip with the notch or key on the socket.
3. Move the NVRAM chip, which is at location CP28 (see above picture) from the old spindle PCB to the new spindle PCB. This NVRAM chip contains your parameters. It is much easier to move the chip than key in the parameters.
Please note: This chip and socket are also keyed and must be installed correctly.
4. Move the DAC chip from the old spindle PCB to the new spindle PCB. The DAC chip is an option chip. If the DAC chip is present on the old spindle PCB, it must be moved to the new spindle PCB and put into the same socket that was used on the old spindle PCB. Failure to move this chip can cause the spindle to rotate very slowly in automatic operation.
5. Set the 200/230 volts switch to match the old drive. This switch is under the PCB on smaller model spindle drives. This switch is not present on all drives.