Careers at TIE Industrial
TIE is a leader in the industrial automation aftermarket spare parts and repair industry. Our customers are primarily manufacturers…from the small machine shops to some of the largest manufacturing companies in North America. Our value proposition is unique and offers a customer response that is unlike our competitors.
TIE offers exciting career opportunities, a clean and safe working environment, a friendly company culture, and competitive compensation and benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for a customer service/sales professional seeking a key role in an innovative and high growth business. This role will facilitate the ongoing development of existing and prospective TIE customers to ensure that the company is able to meet its growth targets.
Reports To: Customer Service Sales Supervisor with dotted line relationship with VP of Sales and VP of Marketing.
Skills / Qualifications:
- More than 3 years of sales administration, inside sales, customer service, or related experience
- Relevant industrial automation or industrial equipment industry experience or exposure desired, but not required
- Effective phone communication and customer service skills
- Strong demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong PC operator skills (Email, Word, Excel, etc.), Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Self starter with the ability to excel in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Engage existing customers through a relationship-based approach to maintain customer relationship and generate new business for the organization’s products/services
- Cultivates leads (new customers/existing customers) generated through the company’s proactive marketing activities
- Works with company leadership to properly assign and drive customer opportunities:
- Determines which opportunities that need assignment to Outside Sales
- Helps resolve pricing concerns or other concessions needed to win an order
- Recognizes and elevate instances of channel conflict with quotes (quoted same part to a reseller and an end user)
- Reviews individual quotes to make sure they have been appropriately qualified. Goal to identify each of the following via research or customer discussion:
- Proper channel segmentation, inquiry channel, business type
- Determination of size and scope of customer opportunity
- Close out of opportunities where the customer has moved on with loss reason code noted
- •Provide telephone based technical support to customers.
- Troubleshoot FANUC CNC and FANUC Robotics controls, and other brands in future, for external customers and internal technical support for TIE sales team.
- Document customer issues and provide written feedback in TIE’s customer relationship management software (Salesforce).
- Interface with TIE Technicians and Supervisors to help identify root cause for warranty failures.
- Document and maintain configuration and test procedures where needed for components.
Qualification Requirements and Competencies:
- 2-5 years with CNC and/or Robotics experience (FANUC experience preferred).
- Experience in maintenance troubleshooting, technical support or repair services.
- Experience with non-FANUC brand CNC (Siemens, Mitsubishi, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with internal components and broad understanding of repair-ability of FANUC technology a plus.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in technology or electronics preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency, with advanced skills in FANUC ladder, and Microsoft Office® products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook preferred.
- Must have strong organization and efficiency skills, and the ability to quickly transition from one task to another in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Organize and coordinate projects to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability and desire to assume ownership of responsibilities.
- Able to work independently but also perform as a key team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Commitment to company and individual goals.
- Honesty; someone whose integrity and values are above reproach with no hidden agenda or ulterior motives.
If you are interested in this position, send an email to email@example.com and include your cover letter and resume. Place "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" in the subject line
- Identify and repair faults for drives or control parts.
- Install repaired items in a control for full testing.
- Document all repairs and test the results.
- Plan workload by monitoring stock levels and pulling items in need of repair.
- Process customer repair requests.
- Evaluate that core exchanges are repairable.
- Pull, clean, and run final test for items to be shipped.
- Assist the team with any rush items that need special attention.
- Associates degree in industrial electronics, electronics engineering, or electronics training with 3 years experience.
- Experience using oscilloscope, multi-meter, soldering, and de-soldering equipment.
- Must demonstrate effective troubleshooting and critical thinking methods.
- Proficiency reading and comprehending schematics for electronic circuits.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows XP, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be self starter able to work within a team environment.
- Able to stand for long periods and lift up to 50lbs when required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree related to industrial/electronics engineering.
- Repair experience for CNC or manufacturing equipment especially FANUC.
- Surface mount component repair experience.
- Repair experience for AC and DC motors a plus.
If you are interested in this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your cover letter and resume. Place "ELECTRONIC REPAIR TECH" in the subject line.
This position will focus primarily on compenent level repair for variable speed drives, circuit boards, power supplies and PLCs.
If you are interested in this position, send an email to email@example.com and include your cover letter and resume. Place "BENCH REPAIR TECH" in the subject line.