Terms, Conditions & Warranty
PAYMENTS & SHIPPING
1) A prompt pay discount is available if paid within 10 days of Invoice date for all non-credit card transactions. After 10 days, full invoice amount is due according to terms on Invoice, payable in U.S. funds.
2) All parts sent from TIE must have a confirmed quote prior to shipment.
3) Delivery of the goods to the common carrier, licensed trucker, or national courier or shipping service, shall constitute delivery to Buyer, and all risk of loss or damage in transit shall be borne by Buyer. TIE shall not be liable for failure to deliver or delays in delivery occasioned by strikes, lockouts, fires, inclement weather, inability to obtain materials or shipping space, (space is not available via truck or air container), breakdowns, delays of carriers or suppliers, governmental acts and regulations, and other causes beyond Seller's control.
4) In the event of lost or damaged merchandise, responsibility lies with Shipper to file a claim. (If part is shipped FOB origin, responsibility lies with the Buyer.) All damaged merchandise and original packaging must be retained for Shipping Carrier investigation and insurance claim processing. When TIE is Shipper, Buyer must notify TIE immediately of damage(s) for further instructions. Buyer must not attempt repair or installation of damaged merchandise, as this will void TIE's ability to file a claim and place responsibility of replacement and repair cost with Buyer. When Buyer is Shipper, TIE will notify Buyer immediately of damage(s) and provide further instructions. ALL OUT OF COUNTRY CUSTOMERS MUST MARK SHIPMENTS "FREE DOMICILE". TIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DUTIES, TAXES, OR FEES INCURRED DURING SHIPMENT OF PARTS.
5) Buyer must contact TIE for all warranty concerns. All warranty periods begin at date of installation and are as follows:
All New and Refurbished FANUC motors, drives and electronic part purchases are backed by a 1-year In-Service Warranty.
All Repair FANUC servo motors, spindle motors and electronics come with a 1-year In-Service Warranty (limited to the parts and labor performed by TIE).
All Repair electronics must be returned for warranty evaluation.
New and Refurbished Part purchases with failures occurring within the first 90 days of the warranty period are eligible to receive immediate replacement based on current payment terms, including return shipment to Buyer via the same method as original shipment if shipped by common carrier. Special shipments and international orders are excluded. Warranty replacement depends on stock quantities. TIE must receive the possible warranty part for evaluation within 14 days of Buyer receiving the replacement part to receive warranty credit. If the possible warranty is not returned, Buyer is responsible for all charges. If Buyer requests part be shipped a different method, Buyer must sign a quote accepting additional shipping charges.
Once part is returned and evaluated, either:
a.) TIE confirms valid warranty fault. Full purchase price plus shipping cost is credited to Buyer if a 90 day replacement part was charged to customer; not including any additional charges such as after hours fees
b.) TIE confirms part is a No Problem Found, (NPF). Buyer is responsible for restock charges (see restocking and exchanges). If Buyer requests return of NPF part, Buyer is responsible for a rush test fee and shipping charges.
c.) TIE confirms part is not covered under warranty (see #8). Buyer has option to:
-Repair (Buyer responsible for repair cost and return shipping), or
-Purchase or exchange if applicable
After 90 days and for the remainder of the warranty period, TIE will, at its sole option and expense, repair or replace any parts found to be defective and/or correct any repair work found to be improperly performed or refund the purchase price, provided Buyer has contacted TIE, Buyer has received a Return Merchandise Authorization number and has returned the part to TIE's location. Buyer is responsible for properly packaging and returning any defective part(s) to TIE. If a part or repair performed by TIE is under warranty, found to be defective, and Buyer received a Return Authorization, TIE will refund the cost of shipping part(s) back to TIE to Buyer when Buyer provides TIE with documentation of shipping cost. At its sole discretion, TIE may use new or used parts to repair or to replace defective parts purchased from TIE, and all replaced parts shall become the property of TIE.
6) COD and credit card Buyers will be charged in advance if a warranty exchange is sent after the 90 day part replacement period. Credit will be issued via refund check or credit card if unit is deemed defective by TIE. Buyer’s with payment terms can be sent a warranty exchange on their specified terms but must remain within their credit limit. Credit will be issued to the account if unit is deemed defective by TIE. All parts sent from TIE must have a signed quote prior to shipment.
7) Warranty on new monitors in the field over 90 days from date of shipment will be replaced with a refurbished unit if the original unit cannot be repaired.
8) Warranty is void if unit is tampered with, damaged due to physical abuse, or damaged due to failure of other machine elements, including but not limited to, contamination from coolant or other liquids, metal chips, carbon dust, etc. TIE does not warrant wet motors or installation errors. This warranty shall become null and void and of no effect in the event that any part is operated outside of its normal operating environment or use for which it was designed or if damage to the part results from abuse, improper use, negligence, vandalism, acts of God, accidents or intervening causes, such as fire, flood, and/or electric voltage surge.
9) All exchange items, including core exchanges, restocks and possible warranties, returned after 14 days from invoice date are subject to reduced credit at TIE's discretion.
10) Restock fees are taken from the initial cost, adjusted for any discounts. A 15% restocking fee will apply if the original part is returned. Buyer may receive reduced credit if unit is required for recertification from Fanuc, if TIE must repair, or if part is received after 14 days from invoice date. RESTOCK ITEMS RETURNED AFTER 30 DAYS FROM INVOICE DATE MAY RECEIVE NO CREDIT. MINIMUM RESTOCKING FEE IS $100.
11) This agreement shall be governed by and shall be construed according to the laws of the State of Tennessee. Any controversy or claim arising out of or related to this agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be tried in Rutherford County, Tennessee, and the Buyer agrees to such jurisdiction and waives objection to venue.
12) Any tax imposed by federal, state or other governmental authority on the sale of the goods and services shall be paid by Buyer.
13) This agreement shall become a contract for the goods and services specified herein either (a) when signed by Buyer, or (b) when Buyer has otherwise indicated acceptance of the terms hereof.
14) This agreement as written shall be applicable to Buyer's purchases from TIE Provisions in customer's purchase orders contrary to these conditions are not binding upon TIE unless accepted by TIE in writing.
15) THE WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN IS IN LIEU OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TIE'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE SELLING PRICE OF ANY DEFECTIVE PARTS OR EQUIPMENT, AND SHALL IN NO EVENT INCLUDE BUYER'S LOST PROFITS, GOOD WILL, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.